As most of you may know SEGA keep revealing more and more details about the upcoming Sonic The Hedgehog 2 Movie that will be hitting theatres in April.
The previous movie did wonders for the franchise and now that Tails and Knuckles are introduced many of us can’t wait to get ours bums on seats.
After watching it adults, collectors and children maybe interested in snagging the latest merchandise and best Sonic toys, because let’s face it, SEGA makes more merchandise than any other gaming company we know.
SEGA has teamed up with Jakks Pacific to announce their new collaboration which involves a lot of new Sonic The Hedgehog 2 toys for everyone to enjoy after and before watching the movie.
These toys will begin popping up in stores across the glove in Spring 2022 according to Jakks Pacific.
Below is a lift of the toys and products making an appearance on shelves this year (prices are in USD):
- Figures of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, and Dr. Robotnik that are 4” tall – $9.99 each
- Plush toy of Sonic that is 13” – $19.99 and only at Target
- Plush toys of Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles that are 9”- $9.99 each
- Scale figures of Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Dr. Robotnik, and Buzz Bomber that are 2.5” tall – 19.99 and only at Target
- Sonic Speed RC Set – $39.99
- Tornado Biplane Playset – $19.99 and only at Walmart
Above is the announced image for some of the upcoming toys. You can see some awesome, detailed plushes, what looks like a remote controlled Sonic The Hedgehog on a cyber skateboard which can be swapped out for knuckles and Tails.
There’s also an action figure of Dr. Robotnik which again looks really detail and comes with some add-ons too.
If you fancy some new clothes you will be happy to know that SEGA will be releasing a wide number of clothes for kid just in time for Halloween 22.
The list below is just a few of what will be released:
- Sonic Accessory Set for Children with headpiece, quills, gloves, and shoe covers – $19.99
- Sonic Adult Unisex Jumpsuit – $49.99
- Sonic Basic Costume jumpsuit – $15.99
- Sonic Classic Costume jumpsuit – $19.99
- Sonic Dress Costume with headband and glovettes – $34.99
- Sonic Hooded Jumpsuit – $19.99
- Sonic Toddler Jumpsuit – $18.99.
- Tails Classic Costume jumpsuit – $19.99
- Tails Hooded Jumpsuit – $19.99
As of now this is the only information we know about Sonic The Hedgehog 2 toys and clothing, we will update this when we hear more, but you can bet that SEGA will be launching as much merchandise as humanly possible for this upcoming retro gaming movie.
A 29 year old fella that’s had a Gameboy addiction ever since he was a child. Brandon is the founder of RetroDodo and created a YouTube channel with 240,000 subscribers dedicated to retro gaming products. He now wants to create the No.1 site to showcase the latest retro products from around the globe.